Friday, June 22, 2007

When matronas go out

My college friends and I have turned into matronas. We still see each other often, but it's mostly to have lunch, dinner or go shopping. We hardly ever go out anymore like we used to when we were still in Ateneo and even up until a few years ago.

So, it was really nice that last night, after TOO long, we were all out-and all tipsy! Fun! We trooped over to Piedra for Fabric Night where Aranaz (Amina's bags) were on display and all her friends invited. There was champagne and red wine to satisfy our increasingly alcoholic blooodstreams (specially Gina, who is ready to check herself in AA), good music, and most importantly, good company.
Patring, Amina, Alexi, Erica and Anna in black and white. Missy is still in my future land of residency-London.
Me with the two crazies-Gina and Vicky!We never even left our spot that night. All our pictures are in the same area haha!
Boogito showed up after his gigs yay! It was fun and we definitely should stop our hermit-like and anti social existence and go out together more often. I almost forgot how fun these girls can be when we are all together.

I had a realization though that I only have fun going out if it's an event related to the fashion industry. I mean, everything you want to have a good night out are at these events-your friends, open bar and the chance to dress up in clothes only fellow fashionistas understand. We don't go out to meet guys, most of us are attached anyway-but we do need to go out and unwind and socialize from time to time.

Anyway, gave Ananda a new 'do. It's so cute and so much easier to manage.
From the side!
The final product. I asked for layers but to keep the length in the back so she got this cute cut.Speaking of cute cuts, I saw one of the I love You girls, Corinne yesterday and I so so want her hair. I'm thinking that after a decade or even more of long hair (shortest shoulder length, longest below my bra!) that I am ready to go short. Maybe not super short but short and a bit edgy. I need a hair make-over! It's so long that it gets weighed down and looks so flat all the time. I hate it!I also want blonde streaks again. We'll see where this goes, but I want this to happen within the next couple of months.

A quiet night tonight because Ananda is sleeping at her dads house. I miss her already. I'm cooking dinner to distract myself.

Peas on earth Joes!

No comments: