Thursday, June 21, 2007

La Luz, Batangas

I'm sunog!

That's the problem when you go on an overnight or day trip to the beach. You try to cram in all your tanning time in a few hours and you end up red and crab-like instead of nice and golden.

I went to La Luz for a much needed beach break with Boogie. I was so white and everyone made sure I knew. Plus, the last vacation I had away from Ananda was in January so I really wanted some time to SLEEP straight through the night.

A short review on La Luz:

Beach: Sand was pebbly. Actually, I would call it pebbles and not sand. That was a major "eeeh" because it hurt to walk barefoot. But I overlooked it because I was so starved for sun and the beach. Plus there were reclining chairs and big umbrellas so I wasn't forced to lay on the sand (even with a towel it would hurt!) The waves are really strong here and the water gets deep pretty quickly so proceed with care. There's also a lot of big rocks in the water. Just wear slippers at all times.
The resort starts where you see those white things on the beach. All in all it's ok for a day trip or overnight but I wouldn't stay longer. Bring friends. There's no tv hehe.
Boogie and I with more color. Yay!!!! The pebbly beach was worth it because I don't look like mayonaise anymore.

Room: The room was quite big and we were upgraded to a Premiere w/c had two single beds and one double bed. It had a big ass shower w/c would probably fit 9 people comfortably! With hot and cold water, which is important to me. The shower, sink and toilet were all separate (Like in Australia hehe) There was no comforter on the beds. I don't understand why resorts think we can sleep w/ such a flimsy blanket. I use a comforter even w/ out the aircon on at home. Also, there is no TV so come prepared w/ iPod and speakers, hand held games or board games (although you can rent there for P100 a day) and whatever else you can think of to keep you occupied if it rains or on your down time.
Food: The food was not inedible, but I wouldn't say it was good either. For lunch, when we got there, there was a buffet of fish fillet (I took one bite and left it. The flavor was good but it was so hard it became a chore to chew), liempo (Ok lang. I would have grilled it a little longer), Chicken pastel (Alright) and surprisingly, the high light was the mixed veggies in oyster sauce. It was basically just carrots, sugar snap peas and fish balls. We devoured that one hehe.
The dining area. There is no ala carte here so be prepared to eat whatever is on the buffet. Like I said, it's not horrible but you'll definitely want something good to eat when you get out of there.
Dinner was pork cordon bleu, some kind of chicken pot pie looking stuff but with potatoes instead of crust, mixed veggies and I can't even remember what else. Dessert was watermelon and pineapple and some sort of jello and fruit salad. It was quite forgettable and you kind of just eat because 1. You are hungry and 2. It's not horrible. Breakfast was typical longanissa, this fish which I think was bangus, egg and rice. We wanted Bacon so we were a bit disapointed at the set brekky-no buffet even!
Ho-hum breakfast is boring! To make up for 24 hours of "ok lang" food we went to pancake house for lunch on the way home and got 3 pc. pan chicken (our fave yum yum!) and carbonara. I also bought Cinabon and yema and crispy dilis. Overboard. haha.

Service:
The service here is pretty non existent, unless you twist their arms a bit to help you out with your bags and stuff. Most of the time, the staff is too busy messing around with each other to really pay attention to anything else. Or asleep on one of the cabanas, as they were when we left. It's kinda funny but it's kinda annoying also. I mean, I wasn't expecting a five star rating from La Luz but come on.

Would I go back? If I had a better alternative in the form of surrounding resorts then no I wouldn't. If not, It's alright for a short beach trip with friends or if you just want to get away for the day. Don't expect activity like Bora or luxury like El Nido in Palawan. It's a beach. And sometimes you just need a beach :)
Besides, if you are with good company, then it doesn't matter where you are! It didn't rain either so that was another plus. (although the weather had nothing to do w/ the resort.)

Next stop. Antulang in Dumaguete. With Dada this time.


Peace Joes!

No comments: