Monday, April 30, 2007

A Taste of Heaven

Make that two big gulps!

1. I was fortunate enough to have gotten a flyer (from my mom's friend) of the YSL Beaute Warehouse sale. The minute I saw it, I was itching to go. The next day, we had no cars and it was all the way in Rydalmere. When my brother finally got home, I POUNCED on him to go with me. I didn't know what to expect at first and exactly how cheap I could get the items for, but I went anyway out of curiousity.

Oh my god. The second you get in, you can pick up a BOX to put all your loot in. Women were grabbing 3-4-5 boxes of fragrances, 5 lipsticks and packs of skin care products. It was nuts! As you all know, YSL is one of the luxury brands that don't care anything below $50 (Maybe even more)

I decided to be smart about it and not go psycho and start stuffing the box with random products. I came prepared and took out moved everything in my account to another except the amount I was willing to spend-$200. I fgured if it was cheap enough, I could get a supply enough to last me a year of work and if it wasn't, then I could get a few things and my most favorite Babydoll perfume for myself.

I ended up getting 4 foundation compacts (all perfect for FIlipina skintone for when I get back to Phils!), 2 glosses, 1 lipstick, that cute gold YSL bracelet w/ the three locket things that contain a lipstick, a highlighter and a gloss, In Love Again Perfume (My second favorite now since I smelled it. I was contemplating whether to get that or the Stella McCartney STELLA perfume but, like I said before, I like sweet and/or fruity scents.), A 50 ml Babydoll perfume that came w/ free mascara and nail/lip moisturizer 9A steal at $30! I checked Myer yesterday and it retails for $59 for JUST the perfume!) and lastly two eyebrow gels in different shades (for shoots etc)

I was high for about two hours after. I felt like I got my fix and I was good to go. And the best part is, I didn't even reach my targeted budget but spent way less! *sigh* Friday was a good day! It was my sunshine through the clouds and rain!

2. So, after the high I got from the sale kinda deflated due to the fact that as soon as I got home, I realized it was my turn to cook dinner and my previously marinated chicken was sitting in a bowl, waiting to be breaded and baked. Right before my mood was completely back to harassed mode, I get an sms from my friend Lisette asking me if I was busy the next day ..."If not, I am taking you to Max Brenner!" haha! I quickly replied that I wasn't. I didn't even want to waste my time going to Glebe because all reports predicted rains through out the day.

So yesterday, I restrained myself from eating anything chocolate because I wanted my Italian Thick to be special!We met up at Max Brenner in Parramatta and gulped down a Dark Italian Thick EACH and devoured a plate of strawberries with chocolate dip (as if the THICK hot chocolate wasn't enough) Between the kwento and all the chocolate, I was feeling quite happy again and ready for some (window) shopping.

I had great self control yesterday, I must say. I kept thinking that I spent over a hundred bucks the day before on make-up so I didn't want to and COULDN'T spend more than $25 dollars today (actually I didn't want to spend anything but I gave myself that because I knew I'd cheat anyway) Saw 2 cute dresses at Valley Girl, but nope, don't need another dress. Next door at Betts, I fell in love with a pair of red patent pumps-on sale for $49.95 from $90. But-NO, over my budget for the day. At MAC, I wanted to buy the LADYBUG lipstick I've been eyeing-$34 dollars. No can do. And besides, with my 30% discount at MAC in Paddo, I could get it for ten dollars cheaper.

On the way to finding my mom, I found this little store that sold cheap stuff so I decided to check it out. It was called Groove and I was able to get my Dessert Treats whipped cream on sale and a nice latte colored bag plus a little treat for Ananda, all for less than $25.

Mission Accomplished!

Went to a house warming in Annandale last night and I am jealous of the older houses with so much character. The houses in neighborhoods like ours are nice but all look the same! Hay, when I get back and decide to settle, I will get my terrace apartment.

It's a nice day today. We're supposed to go on another Family Field Trip but it's 11 am and most people are still asleep.

So cross that Babydoll perfume off my list. And Universe, show me the MONEY! hahahaha:D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a good YSL sale. im a makeup junkie too and if ever may sale na ganyan sa pinas, i'd definitely go crazy. good you had fun and the ultimate high topped with max brenner.

hope you don't mind me dropping in. :)

iskariray said...

maxbrenner in parramatta isn't the same as the maxbrenner in greenbelt, ambience-wise. it was on my list of places to check out when i was there last year. i was equally surprised to get the "starbucks" vibe when i got there--- the cafe was filled with mostly students sipping their cuppas, with matching books and notes pa!

have you tried the lindt cafe (first ever!) in martin place? their choc drinks are good too =)