Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Life is beautiful

My cousin Chini is such a paradox. Even as she is a widow with three kids at 27 years old, I sometimes feel like I'm back in high school when we talk to each other. Her infectuous laughter, the way she makes chismis with her Aussie-Bisaya accent, the way she thinks out loud. She's so cute and has such a child-like heart that it's very hard no to like her.

And then all of a sudden she'll say something really mature and enlightened like "No matter what happens you should never ever get angry with God. He would never allow us to go through something we can't handle. We should always accept what he gives us"

For someone who has been through what she has, that might be a lot to ask for most people, but not for Chini. She is one of the most positive people I know. And because of that, I think about what I go through, what I whinge about and just how low my life has been at certain points. Although I really believe that you can't compare one person's grief to the next person's, sometimes you get a sense of perspective when you realize that some of the stuff you thought were so important, weren't really after all.

Most of us kind of stop believing in God, even a little bit, or for a little while when our world comes crashing down on us. I have questioned my faith many times through out the course of my life, but at the end of the day, I always realize that there is something higher than me that must be keeping me alive and keeping me wanting to go on. Thanks Chini for reminding me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Easter at Oatlands!

BIRTHDAYS SMIRTHDAYS
My sister's birthday is on Tuesday, meaning mine is coming a mere 3 weeks after. I can't believe it's been a year since I last wrote a birthday entry on my blog. And once again, I will be spending it here without trusted and loved friends and extended family, but for some reason, this year doesn't seem as lonely. I have to give it to the people we met here in Oz for making sure I didn't stay home and sulk on my birthday last year. If not for Opium Den at Pott's Point, Blue Mountains with the family the next day and JP's Chinese feast the week after, I would have been totally miserable. I am still not used to the idea that my birthday is practically in winter here.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
1. The birthday I spent at King's Cross 2. The still uncooked super delicious Chinese lauriat haha 3. Freezing our asses off at Blue Mountains

This year, I don't know what Im going to do here seeing as that the person who suggested I don't stay home and sulk (Mel) is back in Manila and the other person I can bug anytime (JP) is also back in the Philippines. Maybe I can get the WHOLE family (ahem, including a certain brother of mine) to go on a roadtrip near by or even go to the city and take a bus for lunch at Leichhardt, pasyal-pasyal then dinner at Chinatown.

Can anyone suggest anything? Does anyone wanna take me somewhere I haven't been to yet? I like having one week long birthdays and I guess since I'm in a different country, I can take advantage of the fact that less friends-less gastos haha and also, I can have intimate celebrations instead of a big one where I don't get to talk to half the people I invite.

Oh, I do have a birthday wish list in case anyone (ahem, ahem friends and family HAHAHA) is inclined to give me something. I realized though, that the olde ryou get, the less people care about your birthday, until you turn 50, then everyone makes a big deal about it again. So, every birthday from 26-49 just kind of goes by. That shouldn't be the case in my opinion because every birthday should be the special! It's the one day each year that you can feel special and no one can do anything about it. Besides, each year might be your last (not to be morbid but it's true)

1. A new digital camera because Ananda broke mine and Ala thinks I should just get a new one because it's an old model. I want a Sony Cybershot T10-the Pink one!

2. A Holga (w/ flash) http://www.lomographyasia.com/shop/?showproduct=184, an Oktomat http://www.lomographyasia.com/shop/?showproduct=107 or a Supersampler http://www.lomographyasia.com/shop/?showproduct=111 (Thanks Zee for the url!)

3. Slouch boots in off white, grey or royal purple.

4. Jessica Simpson Dessert Treats Fragrance or whipped cream (I know. Jessica Simpson. But I like to smell like cake and candy and other fatteningly sugary stuff)

5. A silver bag big enough to fit all my stuff. preferably the size of a Louis Vuitton Speedy 30.

6. What the heck, an LV Speedy30 haha.

7. Beige/Cream, White, Red vintage looking sunnies (kinda squarish shape and oversized. Think Nicole Richie)

8. M.A.C lipstick in Ladybug

9. Nailpolish in black, white, red, and bubble gum pink.

10. A really good meal somewhere I haven't eaten at. I am pms-ing now so italian sounds good haha. Cheese!

11. One last beach trip before the cold finally permanently kicks in. Bondi, Bronte, Manly WHEREVER! Mag picnic tayo!

12. A hair cut and color. At a good salon.

My dad always says Ask and you shall recieve. Maybe my mom will finally win the lotto :p Keeping my fingers crossed.

Goodnight Joes. It's past my bedtime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There,

I suggest you go for a drive to queensland on your birthday. and explore the beauty of it. Great barrier reef is the place you should visit.

have fun

Jim said...

tell youur brother to drive to terigal so that you and beng can see it. maganda talaga. I promise.