Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Blondes have more fun!

Happy Birthday Ala!

We celebrated Ala's 24th birthday last Sunday with a not-surprise but surprise theme party. Did that make sense? Haha. She basically knew there was going to be a party, but I told her to give me a list of people and then to forget about it. So, my mom and I got to work getting the decorations from our new discovery-Happy Time party store, or something like that, along Sunnyholt. The theme was Oscars that quickly became Hollywood and we got cut out clappers, lights, video cameras, street signs that said "Hollywood Boulevard", "Rodeo Drive" etc and even bought a red disposable table cloth roll to turn into the red carpet.

It was fun and people were game. Most of the guys wore suits and girls came in dresses. Some came as characters, celebs and I was a designer.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Can you guess which designer? haha! I couldnt quite get the leathery orange tan! My apologies haha!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Family Picture! Whos who???

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ananda wanted a wig too! "HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....TO YOU.." (sung the Marilyn Monroe way)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The cake! I made this! I decorated it! Naubos sya! Woohoo! Thanks Betty! (Crocker, that is!)

All birthday parties should have a theme. It's so much fun!


Welcome to the Jungle


Well, not really. Actually, it's Welcome to Featherdale along Kildare road in Blacktown, but still, it's the closest we will get to the bush right now. (Or for me, EVER haha)

It was fun and I was most concerned with the Easter egg hunt. They gave us a piece of paper when we paid to get in and we were supposed to find the big easter eggs in each part of the zoo, and get the coresponding stamp for each egg. The prize was an Easter hamper. Not that Ananda needed any more chocolate eggs and bunnies, but I'm just competitive like that. We didn't win though. Boo Hoo.

I saw my most favorite wombats. Yay! They are so adorable and I want one to sleep beside me every night. It'll probably smell and the stench will stick to me forever but they are so cuuuute!
Ananda was excited to see the Kangaroos and was happy to see the little 4 month old joey even before we went in!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Came face to face with one later on. She didn't want to leave!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And I found me a new boyfriend (Sorry Boogie!;p)

Since I'm leaving Sydney again for a significant number of months, I enjoy doing stuff with my family and going to places. Opera Bar daw for my birthday. Game. Yay.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Ala! Let me guess the designer...is it Versace? The pics are wonderful and I just loved the colorful wigs...must say, a unique theme for a birthday party!

Anonymous said...

Nice party, Donatella!