Sunday, April 22, 2007

CIRCULAR ROCKS

Today we had a Paredes Family Field Trip to "Circular Rocks" (according to my evidently confused daughter!) It looked like it was going to pour this morning but thankful our plans to go out as a fam + Beng pushed through and it turned out to be a nice day except for that 15 minutes of light drizzling while we were at The Rocks Market.

We spent the day camwhoring, watching the buskers and munching on random food we picked up along the way. It was fun because since we moved here, I've never really done the whole tourist thing and there are still so many places I haven't been to. So since I'm leaving again in about a month or so, I'm doing it as much as I can. When I move here for good (meaning no more back and forth!) I vow to get out of the suburbs immediately! I just can't see myself doing it. At least not until I am officially married and want to have another kid, and even then, closer to the city is better. I have resigned to the fact that I am really a city dweller and I thrive in that kind of environment. And I guess with what I do in life, both as a career and because it's a personal love thing-I need to be somewhere I can get fashion inspiration, and although we have a lovely house and neighborhood, this is hardly the place to gain fashion inspiration! But I digress...haha. As usual. Hay, hopefully someday I will have enough money to live in Paddo.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Children of the corn. Eating what Ala thinks is the best corn she's ever tasted.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ala and I. A very cheesy touristy shot!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Siblings and little monkey and Opera House
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Not your typical touristy shot!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Ananda took this photo!Galing o!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I found a monkey hanging on a lamp post!

Saturday was another nice day. We were at Glebe selling at the markets. The funny thing is, Beng, our helper who is here on holiday has this admirer at Glebe. He's this South American stall holder who is always smiling and winking at her. I think she's half weirded out and half kilig. I told her to marry him already so she can stay here (haha!)
Since I only have a handful of selling saturdays left, I decided that for people who show up at Glebe, I will give a special discount. I'm not giving it to people who order online, only to those who go to the markets and mention that they read my blog! I have fun when I'm there because I get to talk to so many people, but I am so sick of eating Gozleme (sp.?) or kebabs every week and i don;t have enough time to go to one of the cafes on Glebe Point Road to eat. I end up not eating (or eating Gozleme haha) I hope my friends finally out up that food stall they've been planning, because it sounds so good and I am sick, sick, sick of the food at Glebe! I mean, I'm not saying it's bad, I just can't eat it anymore. Oh and we didn't fry in the sun this week because we had an umbrella (Thanks Miles!)

Ok since I am babbling, I am pretty sure it means I'm exhausted and forcing myself to talk about interestign and intelligent things. I am not succeeding so it may be time to sleep! G'nyt Sydney! G'nyt Manila! :)

peace to joes all over the world!

No comments: