Sunday, February 3, 2008

Crazy little thing called Love

I learned recently that it doesn't matter what the reasons are, or who brought it up or who decided it, the fact of the matter is, losing someone special in your life, whether it's your friend, boyfriend or husband sucks.

I wish I could go back to being a teenager, or even my early twenties when all that mattered to me was me. I was allowed to be selfish and absorbed with only Erica because I was young and single. Now that I have a child, I willingly accept that I need to put her ahead of everything else. It's not even a choice. But how lovely would it be to be able to be young and in-love, with no need to be logical or practical. You could stay with someone just because you are crazy about each other. As we get older, that changes. We start thinking about values and if we are on the same path. We start assesing our relationships to see whether we have the same goals and if we are compatible in the long run.

Suddenly, you come to terms with the fact that love in itself is a great thing, but it might not be enough to sustain a relationship, especially one whos members seem to be at different points in their lives. It's sad to let someone go when you are still in love with each other, even sadder than if you have an obvious reason like infidelity or abuse. I keep thinking whether or not I made the right decision and if there really is no reason to go on. I keep second guessing myself and wondering if we're both just being proud and refuse to compromise.

But as I learned from the past, life goes on and all will be well in the end-regardless of what the outcome. Perhaps time and space is all we need, and if that fails, then maybe it was the right thing to do.

5 comments:

Sette said...

tear-jerker of an entry
:(

Anonymous said...

hmmm... i wonder what happened...

-kaybie (reader of your blog since god knows when)

Ckayen said...

yer right, i guess time and space could be an element. whatever it is...am glad you are gracefully handling it. I have been reading your blog, I like the way you adored your daughter and you you love your family and friends. Kudos to life's challenges. Abante lang!

Anonymous said...

funny how we've been in the same situation in one point of our lives at the same time. i started crying after reading this. but again...thank you for being there just to let other people know that we're not alone...:)

Anonymous said...

i super agree with everything that you said. i'll post a link to this entry in my blog. i hope you don't mind.