Thursday, February 14, 2008

Velentine Shmalentine '08

Valentine's Day has never really been that important to me. I've always hated how we're expected to show some great gesture of love on one particular day-and a day when everyone else is doing the same thing. Like I said in past Valentine blog entries-I would rather be shown random acts of love on an ordinary day, when it's really a surprise and no pressure to do so.

This day is just another excuse to jack up prices of chocolate, flowers and jewelry. It has nothing to do with loving anybody. If i disliked Valentine's day in the past-I REALLY hate it this year!

So, I decided to boycott Valentine's Day by buying horror movies for my PIZZA-WINE-DVD MARATHON tonight. I have The Omen, Exorcist, Underworld, Vampires lined up and Scarface and Goodfellas on standby. I have numerous bottles of wine ready and Melt Away mints (MY FAVORITE!) for dessert.

NEW CHAPTER, NEW HAIR


Girls are known to do something really drastic with their appearance when they end a relationship. I've chopped my hair off numerous times after a big break-up, or gotten a tattoo to commemorate a new chapter in my life. Some people get piercings, girls who don't wear make-up get make-overs, we get digiperms or go blond-whatever it takes to separate that girl in that relationship from the girl right NOW.

This time, I decided to grow my hair instead. Louis Kee of Razzle Dazzle in Makati put these gorgeous hair extensions on me. They are supposed to last around 3-4 months but I'm not sure about actually keeping them on for that long. It's made of real hair and you can style it like you would your own hair. He lightened my hair a bit also to match the extensions, and although I was a bit aprehensive at first-because I swore never to dye my hair again-I ended up realizing after a few days that hair a little lighter than my natural color actually suits me better. It doesn't look as harsh against my fair skin, and I don't need as much eyeliner to define my eyes either.

So, yes. I love it! Will swish my hair around while it lasts! :)

This other "change" is not really a post break-up thing. I was actually planning it for months and months already, and even asked him to come with me to get it. It just so happened that the day I scheduled for turned out to be 3 days after we broke up, making everyone think this is the product of that, but for the record-it isn't!
Ew. Ignore how yucky my foot looks in this picture and focus on my lovely new tattoo. It's almost two weeks old and not fully healed yet. I love it! It's actually a memorial tattoo for my lola Alice, who passed away in 2002. I was really close to her and she used to have a collection of orchids (hence the catleyas), and the lillies of the valley represent me-it's may's birthflower. It's my biggest tat so far, and my most painful one at that. For those who have low tolerance for pain, never ever get a tat on this spot. You'll die.

My sister had a happy valentine's day though-she just called me five minutes ago screaming because she saw Daniel Johns walking in Circular Quay. She shouted that she loved him and he smiled and waved.

Can I die of jealousy now?

3 comments:

Sette said...

Yup, Valentine's Day is SO OVERRATED.
Go easy on the scary DVDs crazy! Meanwhile, Tim lost his wedding ring today!!! So as you'd expect, I'm not a very happy wifey.
Hair and tattoo looks good... but U already knew that.
:P

Anonymous said...

You kinda look like Angelika Dela Cruz in that pic of you (a lot prettier than her, if i may add). You look awesome.

Anonymous said...

beautiful, beautiful tattoo! where did you get em done?