Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rock n' Roll Buddy

I've been trying to get back into the groove of real life, after being away not having to do anything for almost a month.

First of all, work has been good. I finished a lot of my assigned stuff before I even left so right now I'm just finishing off whatever else I didn't get to do pre-vacation. On the first week I was back, my Ateneo girls and I scrambled to pull off a JOINT SURPRISE PARTY for both Patring and Gina, whose birthdays are only weeks apart.

Originally, it was suppose to be the week after I arrived to give us more time BUT I was suddenly assigned to cover an event in Davao, so we had to rush everything on the week I got home.

It was the most stressful day ever! Everything was set. We were going to have it at Fiama on January 18, Friday. I told Gina it was some event or other, and she didn't suspect a thing because she always comes with me anyway. Patring was a bit trickier but I aske dher officemates to tell her there was an event she had to attend for her magazine.

Then all of a sudden at like 4 pm on the day of the party, Patring calls me and says she's tamad to go so she's skipping the event. I kept my composure while talking to her and panicked the minute I put the phone down. I made hella calls and just waited and waited-until finally at around 745 pm, she called me and said she had to go after all.
The birthday girls getting tipsy tipsy tipsy! (This is a still normal picture of Gina. I won't event show the progression from sober to gone)
Vicky and Bea! I missed you both while I was away! Vicky became a co-conspirator with out her realizing it haha!
Some Ateneo friends and my main partner in pulling this whole thing off-Amina with her new short 'do!

Then the next week, I had to fly out to Davao from Thursday-Sunday for a Nivea event at Pearl Farm. I must admit that I was not in the mood to go at first. I had just gotten back and wanted to stay put for awhile. By the end of the trip though, i knew I would have regretted not going. I had so much fun, and even joined in the games-something I normally don't do when I go to these beach events.
The last night before the pool throwing started. Me with Tatum of People Asia (who I stole this photo from) and Pam from Marie Claire
The second night on Malipano island with Pam. I swear we weren't drunk! REALLY.
The Pink Nivea Visage team. We won first place all-around and we were the only team with mostly women. Yay for us!
Some of my favorite people from the trip! Wanggo, Brad and Tatum a.k.a. The Bitches of Eastwick hahaha

My horoscope says I have lots of travel in the cards this year. I hope that's true! Thanks to my Tita Rosanne who is giving me her Mabuhay Miles! Now, I just have to decide where I wanna go!

Life is good. Rock n' Roll!

No comments: