Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Work it!

So, I officially have a job! After two years of being spoiled with the luxury of my own time, I am going back to the work force.

I am going to be an editor again, but this time for an older-market magazine (and a higher position hehe!) I'm excited and nervous all at once. Work-wise, I know I can handle it with no problem, but I guess it's because it's going to be a completely different world then the one I was in at Pink. I know that everyone there has always looked at me like I'm much younger and all that, so I really need to step up my game when I start.

I think I'm ready though. My official first day is not until July 16 so I have a couple of weeks to psych myself up a little more. Of course, there's more to deal with, such as separation anxiety and guilt feelings because I will be away from Ananda more often. We got so used to it being her and me and I know it's going to be weird for awhile. I'll figure out something I'm sure. Millions of mothers work, after all. And being a single mom, well, who else is supposed to come up with money to raise her? (You can argue that her father should, partly, but haaaaaaaaaay. That's a completely different story)

Anyway, that's my news for today. Aside from the fact that......

Sometimes I can be such a fan girl.

I was watching the MTV movie awards by myself earlier and I squealed (alone!) when Johnny Depp came out. Nakakahiya.

but then again, it's Johnny Depp. You probably all squealed, shrieked and gasped too.

*sigh*

7 comments:

Mel Lozano said...

so much for being a migrant! congrats aycs :)

Aycs said...

haha. i still have a few years left before my visa expires....so, ill stay here for awhile muna heehee

Diana VW said...

congrats! :)

Anonymous said...

congratulations on your new job! you did great with pink so there's no doubt you'll do very well with this magazine. :)

kRis said...

what magazine will you work for? i'd love to check it out!

Aycs said...

Hey Kris. I start on the 16th so I want to wait until then to announce anything hehe :D but it is something you are definitely familiar with (if you are in manila!)

Unknown said...

I can relate to the 'don't-wanna-leave-ur-kid' part. it's every woman's struggle with having a career or not (esp if you're a single mum). be strong :)