Thursday, July 5, 2007

Shortcuts!

I have had long hair for most of my life and in the past ten years I don't think it ever saw itself above below-shoulder-length.

The past few months have found me extremely FRUSTRATED at my super long below my bra hair. It's so long that I can't do much besides tie it up because it's too hot to keep down AND specially here in Manila, it gets icky when it's humid! I hate going out with even semi-wet hair so i end up having to wake up mad early just to make sure it dries in time and I'm sick of blow drying it.

I have decided to go short. Today, I got what i like to call a transitory haircut. In other words, it's not the MAJOR chop yet but it's short enough for me to get used to having less hair. I think I cut about 6 inches off and layered it so that it looks good both straight and wavy.

TA-DA!!!! Earlier my hair reached Borat's torso (see shirt)

Already i am happier. When I saw the stylist cutting inches upon inches of hair, for the first time in my life, I was totally calm and not panicking. How nice. I was ready to let go of years of baggage (bad relationships, issues and etc) that manifested itself in my flat, lifeless hair.

Even shorter hair SOON! I'm excited!

4 comments:

Diana VW said...

Very cute!

Sette said...

Hiya... Looks good!!!
I went for the chop too - as soon as I came back from Phils.
Had to after having my fringe butchered at a dodgy salon in Manila and I nearly cried.

Aycs said...

Oh No! where on earth did you go? I wish we could have seen each other. I could have pointed you to the right place hehe

so what does your hair look like now? I won't be seeing you until Christmas so it will eb all grown out by then!

Sette said...

I went to this dodgy shop near Tim's place - I couldn't say no cos his aunty took me there and she was the sweetest little thing! I updated my blog with a pic. It's supposed to be my 40yr old haircut - hahaha.

Can't believe you're not back til Christmas! Seems so far away.