Saturday, July 21, 2007

My week at a glance

Man. What a week. I feel like I did so much. I'm spending this Saturday being a vegetable at home because I am so drained-both physically and emotionally.

So the first week of work was ok. I had to come in a few times for whatver reason and I went to a few events.

The one I went to on Tuesday around lunchtime was for a new shampoo. I missed lunch because I came pretty late but just in time for the fashion show. It was pretty impressive for a lunchtime, shampoo event. Either that or two years has just been too long and I'm not used to these things anymore. I ended up kinda tipsy because I had wine on an empty stomach. Met up with Anna afterwards in Glorietta and scarfed down a plate of Penne al Telefono at Cibo. I would have probably passed out if I hadn't.

Later on that day, Ala and I went to Bonifacio High Street for the Fully Booked launch. It is this massive bookstore with 5 floors and a theatre in the basement. It was a good launch. It was Cibo catered (pica pica with cute and apt names such as Harry Pate and the Sorcerers Santol) and a bar on every floor (Oh No. Rene Barbier you are evil!)I finally got to try cuptails and dreams-these cupcakes that are cocktail-flavored!
Ala about to devour her Cosmopolitan flavored cupcake. Soon after, I had the Pina Colada hehe
A book I found on the second floor. Natawa ako sa title. LOSE WEIGHT! GET LAID! FIND GOD! It's like the ultimate self-help book!

I got to see people I haven't seen in ages and there were a few akward moments seeing an ex and my boyfriends ex who I don't think likes me much. Pero deadma nalang! Hung out with Vicky for most of the night.

Oh and we saw the cutest thing at Hobbes (I think it was Hobbes) We came across these superduperadorable walking baloons. most of them were different breeds of dogs but there was this one random dinosaur. We wanted to buy them but they were P450-500 each. It's too expensive to buy for the sake of cuteness.
Me with my St. Bernard and Ala with her little dinosaur! So so so so cute!


Wednesday, Boogie came home from a three day work trip to Malaysia. Kjwan played in KL in like a showcase for the Ikon competition. Hey vote for them so they can represent the Philippines in KL again, against other Asian countries! So we watched Harry Potter that day and although a lot of people were saying this was the worst movie in the series, I enjoyed it. I also discovered these New York Fries with dips. Gosh so unhealthily good!

Thursday was Metrowear. Cary Santiago is the bomb. Went with Gina, Ala and Amina. Of course there are always these "sister" pictures whenever Ala and I are together. Vomit. haha.Sabi ni Boogie "So, feeling mo Hilton Sisters kayo?" haha! How I wish we were that rich.

I didn't get to take pictures because I forgot my camera (and my teeny aranaz bag wouldn't be able to accomodate it anyway!) Gina and Ala both took some so I'll update this when I get pictures from them.

Yesterday, after going to the office for awhile, I went to Greenbelt for the Harry Potter Press Party at Powerbooks. Ok, so I love fashion and events where there's alcohol and lots of small talk but I was not going to miss out on this "I don't care this is so much fun" event.

When I got there, I registered and was immediately given a GC for a free copy of book 7! I couldn't get it yesterday because worldwide launch is today. I'll probably grab my copy tomorrow. I can't wait! Patiently, I have waited for the ending of this book and now it's here! Anyway, back to the event. I was asked to pick out a piece of paper from this hat and I got Hufflepuff. I'm like "what?! NO! Who wants to be in Hufflepuff it's the dorkiest house!" So I ended up in Gryffindor, although i would have preferred Slytherin because I love Snape to death! He's so dry and sarcastic and funny! I was given my robe and ushered into "The Great Hall" where I was given a "scrumptious meal" Well, it wasn't really scrumptious but I appreciated the effort hehe. Besides, I didn't go there to eat so I didn't really care what they put in front of me.

Ala came and we both were in Gryffindor. There were games and a magic show by Eric Mana. He's so galing. I mean obviously i don't believe in real magic but he's so good at what he does. It was a 3 hour long event and for the first time, i wanted to stay until the end. I'm such a closet geek, i swear.
Aycs with the wand that Inky made. Instead of Phoenix feathers it had chicken feathers. I represented the Sorsogon School of Sorcery
Aycs and Ala from the Sorsogon School of Sorcery and Antique Acedemy of Anting anting respectively.

i spent almost the entire week with my sister, I just realized. Next post, ugly ppictures of dada part 2. That kid is such a ham, I swear!

and that was my first week at work.
Peace Joes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt like such a dork at the event but I had fun, hehe :)

fen said...

Hi. got here through ala's blog. just thought sorsogon school of sorcery interesting since I am from sorsogon. the event sounded fun. :-)