Tuesday, May 8, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEEE :)

I had two birthday celebrations this year. One was last friday at Opera Bar and one was yesterday with my family. I was initially tamad to plan anything but Ala called and texted people about my pre-birthday "early" drinks at Opera Bar. I wanted to sell at Glebe the next day so I made them promise to have me home by midnight. I wasn't even going to drink that much!

Oh Well! :)

1. The Opera Bar Incident
It started out innocently enough with Ala, Mio, Vince, Trish, Nicole and I and a bottle each of red and white. I forgot to eat dinner so after a couple, I was already feeling a bit woozy and asked for some mixed nuts or something, just to make sure I didn't embarass myself at some point that night. Everyone started coming and giving me glasses of wine or pouring into my pre-existing glass and then it got to a point where I kind of stopped caring about being home by midnight, Glebe and anything else.
All in all, it was a good, well-deserved night out. I haven't had any since I got here and even before leaving Manila, I wasn't too keen on late nights anymore. I know. Lola. We ended up leaving around 1 am, and probably only because the parking lot downstairs was closing, went to Harry's in Wooloomooloo for hotdogs at 1:30 am and was home by around 2:30.
Needless to say, I didn't go to Glebe the next morning. I think I stayed home all day, recovering from my wino hang over and eating (rice!-argh, I've been so good about my no rice rule too!)
Other Birthday Celebrants, Nicole (May 6), Erwin (May 8), Ala, Inaki, MEEEH (May 7), Carlo and Jojo early in the night. Lisette, Me and Geraldine
Someone told my dad that he/she saw us at Opera Bar that night and was "disappointed" in Mio because he was drunk and seemingly popular with "the ladies" Well, I am his SISTER, Lisette is 8 years older and MARRIED and Lark is older as well and Miguel's sister! Anoooo baaaah!
With just enough alcohol and fun in our systems, we left and went to Harry's for ginormous hotdogs. I will miss my siblings.

2. The Birthday PIG-OUT!
So, on my actual birthday-yesterday, we decided to go to Chinatown for lunch. I was craving dumplings in a major way so East Ocean on Dixon was perfect. We devoured our food. I seriously haven't eaten that much in one sitting in so long. Hakaw, Siomai, Garlic Prawn dumplings Oh My! haha. Yum Yum Yum cha!
Ananda and I at the entrance of Chinatown after a yummy meal. She is a siopao monster!
As if that wasn't enough, we decided to walk to Darling Harbor in the guise of just hanging out. In reality, the Lindt Cafe is there and we wanted a chocolate fix. Of course, there was much camwhoring along the way. Our day would not be complete with out it.
The Paredes girls
Ananda and I right before one of her tantrums w/c I caught on camera! haha!
And finally, my cake! Made by Ala! And flowers from Boogie! He surprised me with flowers and a bottle of Absolut Kurant-w/c is Absolut-ly my favorite!
We ate at Trellinis (I think that's what it was called) in Castle Towers for dinner and by the end of the night, I seriously could not do anythign except sit and do nothing because I was so full from everything I ate yesterday. No regrets, only a few pounds mosty likely! haha :)

Looking forward to another great year ahead :) Peace Joes! And wish you were all there!

1 comment:

kathleen said...

HAPPY BDAY!!!!!!!!!