Monday, March 17, 2008

Re-learning

I'm starting to have genuine fun again-as opposed to the forced going out and getting drunk to forget fun that I was having the past month.

I'm starting to feel alright on my own, and although I have pangs of missing once in awhile, I finally feel like a separate entity from him already. that's the toughest part-still feeling connected even if you are no longer connected. I think I made it through ok. It sucks though coz when I see him i still find him so cute. Haha. Well, I guess I always will.

It really helps that I have great friends and family-and that I was raised in a loving and supportive home, which made me into a confident person. And when shit happens, and that confidence wanes a bit, I'm able to bounce back.

One thing I learned about myself is that I have this quality that is typical of my Taurus sign. In general, I'm not fearful of adventure or new things, but when there are changes that involves me and a loved one, be it a family member, boyfriend or friend, it's hard for me to go through those changes. I try, and eventually I'm ok, but it's a long, hard process for me. And I realized I am as afraid of leaving people behind as I am of being left behind. When I care about someone or love, I'm there 100%, so seeing that go away is totally devastating for me.

So, like I said, I'm lucky that growing up, it was made clear to me that it's always ok to make mistakes, and that failure is inevitable, or now I seriously might be in a really bad place.

Ananda had her moving up day at school last week. I can't believe how big she is already and that she's going to be in Kindergarten already. Crazzzzzzzzzy!
My cousin Sandro got married to his longtime girlfriend Sheng last Saturday and Ananda was a flower girl!
Between the Paredeses and Riveras I wonder how there was space for anybody else in that church!
Walking into the reception as Mr. and Mrs. Alejandro Paredes! Congrats guys!
Attended Express yo delf yesterday at Fully Booked in Bonifacio High Street. Chill Sunday Afternoon with good music, good company and open bar!
Dinner at Chelsea after gettign drunk off Bacardi Cokes ;p Many pictures along the way hehe

2 comments:

Sette said...

I love that photo of you and Ananda... just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Erica. I've been one of silent readers. It's been a while since I last visited your blog and I'm surprised at how much has happened to you over the past months. I like reading your posts because I see so much of myself in you. Things that I feel or think about are often the things I read in your blog. I can relate.

I'm sorry about what happened, but I am glad too that you are getting better. I agree with what you wrote in your 'Re-learning', 'The Bora Weekend', and 'Live and Learn' posts. I agree with what you mentioned about Taurus (we share the same birthday by the way). I also just came from a failed relationship. I'm also healing and getting better at it too. I understand what you are going through. It's hard, but hey God does not give us struggles hat we can't overcome. Always remember that. And no matter what happens, what's important is we come out as better persons.

Having said that, know that you will always be in my prayers. Keep in mind that life is beautiful and that you are blessed. You have a million reasons to smile and be happy about. Keep the faith. God bless you always.