Monday, March 10, 2008

The Bora weekend

I went to Bora over the weekend with Ananda, and it was so nice and quiet. The whole swarm of Holy Weekers weren't there yet, but there were enough people to make it not so lonely.

A piece of unsolicited advice to those who want to get away to FORGET-well, it doesn't work. I learned that no distance or beach or anything can really make emotional turmoil go away-nothing except TIME can do that. So, I actually think in retrospect that I'm in a much too vulnerable state to actually have run off by myself like that, and 1/2 of the time, I kept thinking of him. Argh. I swear memories are like rashes that just won't go away! Aside from the Tides Launch, my last Bora trip was with him, and everywhere I looked reminded me of him, and it was so annoying! Plus we really liked going to the beach in general, so yeah now that I think about it, I shouldn't have gone yet or I should have at least had a bunch of people with me.

Don't get me wrong, I had a blast with Ananda, but there was a lot of down time for me to just think, even if I didn't want to, and that kind of sucked. Although, in a way, I think I'm switching from being depressed to the aversion phase. Argh. I know I need to be more patient and I just keep thinking that ok It sucks, but from day 1 to now, it doesn't suck as much anymore, and someday it won't suck at all. Gosh, I can't wait.


What made the trip all worth it, is that the little girl enjoyed herlsef so much. According to her, "Boracay is the most beautiful beach in the world"- like mother, like daughter I guess :)

1 comment:

KV said...

I'm glad you guys had mother-daughter bonding time :) I can't wait to bring my little man to the beach! :D