Friday, November 9, 2007

Short Cuts



It seems like everybody is chopping off their hair! Even Boogie has decided to cut off his famous locks! I'm so happy, it's a refreshing change! The look we were going for was a longer version of Brad Pitt a.k.a Rusty Ryan in Ocean's 13. Now his only problem is finding the patience to apply product to his hair every morning! I think cutting off a significant amount of hair is very liberating, and can also signify letting go of a lot of issues of the past and looking at what it's front of you now and at the future.

Now let's go blonde! ;p

GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS


Girls can be really petty, catty and mean to each other. That's why growing up, I had a lot of male friends. Guys are less complicated. If you piss them off or act like a bitch, they tell you to your face, whereas girls will talk and talk and talk-to everybody except you. Most of my arguements with my male friends last all of 15 minutes, while some fights with girl friends have resulted to months of the silent treatment and complaining to family and other friends.

Don't get me wrong, I am not rejecting my own, I just wish women could be more 1. HONEST 2. FORGIVING and less 1. CATTY 2. VENGEFUL and in general just be nicer to each other. I feel like girls always look at other girls as competition: Who has the better job? Who's prettier? and everyone's favorite Who's skinnier? Who's getting married first? Who's having a baby first? Who got a better deal at the last sale? Who has a hotter boyfriend?
Furthermore, women also have very obvious defense mechanisms when they are feeling insecure: Eew she sucks. Don't worry about her, she's so not pretty. oooh, is that ****? She's so fat now. She can do so much better than that guy. Look at her, she's so hung up on *** and again, everyone's favorite God she's such a slut.

Face it, girls-yes me, you and every female out there, can be REALLY mean. And besides, didn't they say in Mean Girls that calling someone ugly doesn't make you prettier, calling someone fat doesn't make you thinner and calling someone stupid doesn't make you smarter.

What I despise most is the whole ring leader syndrome. There's this one girl I see occassionally, and when she's alone and I know most of the people around, she's all "Hi Erica! how are You?" *Smile smile* but when she's with *ringleader* she completely ignores me, because I suppose ringleader doesn't like me for reasons I believe speak more about her hangups then me.

Speaking of which, I also dislike when you have been introduced to somebody, you've spoken to them, and sometimes even hung out with them, and whenever they see you, they act like they don't know you. It pisses me off like anything because you know in all honesty, I can be a major bitch if I chose to be, but if I know that i know you, I won't think twice about aknowledging your presence.

Cliquish girls annoy me. Are we in high school?

I'm just really happy that somewhere along the way, I found a some girls, who are unique,smart confident, honest, fun, and don't take themselves too seriously.

Life is too short to have to deal with drama.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OHMYGOD... you're boyfriend is so gwapo!

-Princess