Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Costume Parties!

When You are invited to a Theme party or costume party, you should really make sure to make an effort to dress that part.

Why?

Well, First of all, the host made an effort to fix the place and dress up and basically put everything in order for you, so in return you should follow his/her request of dressing up.

Second, you never know what you might win as a prize for BEST COSTUME :) In my case, it was a pretty Aranaz clutch that I've been eyeing. Plus, Ananda also won best costume for her category-because we were dressed in similar outfits.

So the theme was Lucas' Sports Camp, and the celebrant was Lucas, Amina and Rafa's son. After going through all the Olympic Sports, we decided the easiest would be to be basketball players.

But then, I though, that's so easy and kinda baduy-so I spiced it up a bit.

I had two jersey's made. Both Hot Pink with black piping!

In front, it was exactly the same. We had our last name PAREDES across our chests and of course, a Peace sign below it, as our logo!

But, the back of the jersey's were different. Hers said "Baby Joe" while mine said "Joe Mama" We decided to wear matching knee high socks, short shorts and cute kicks and at the end of our costume planning, our official title was "Old School Ball Players"

I super love dressing up. Halloween is like the biggest and best holiday there is for me, and usually when I throw parties, there has to be a theme. A few years ago, the Ateneo girls and I threw a Cuban "Havana Nights" party, where all our drinks, food and outfits were inspired by Cuba and the movie with Diego Luna. This year, our Christmas party will have a color theme. Ananda's party had an all-out pirate theme, then I planned my sister, Ala's last birthday with a Hollywood theme. I wonder what's next!

In other news, I can't wait to get back to Australian soil, even just for a few weeks! I miss my family so much and I miss cheap clothes at valley girl, fresh mushrooms and woolies. Ang babaw ko. Haha. Just one more month! Woohoo!

2 comments:

Sette said...

Those pics scream "too cool for school" attitude... LUV it!

Anonymous said...

hey

you probably dont remember but i bought a sparkly pink cardi from you when you were still here in oz (im from canberra)... love it so much i thought i'd give you a tip for the best place to shop in sydney.... it's a little secret shop in george street, in the strip between world square and near chinatown na.... all dresses, and i mean ALL dresses, $10. witchery, sunny girl, etc... it's like ukay ukay but they're not pre-loved, theyre samples i think. it;s called La belle. you should really go see it :D