Monday, September 24, 2007

Back from Down Under

Actually, down under was just Dumaguete hehe. I spent Wed-Sat with Boogie and Ananda in Antulang, which is an hour south of Dumaguete City. I went for work but I was also lookign forward to a nice vacation with my man and my baby.

I GOT SICK! Argh! The day before we left for Dumaguete was Metrowear. Already I was feeling under the weather so I doped up on meds to try and kill the fever before it could come. I couldn't sleep that night. My throat was killing me and I could feel my sipon dripping into my throat (Gross. i know) by the next morning I was already feeling the start of a fever. I got rained on from the airport to the plane and had a high fever by the time we arrived at the resort.

My whole first day was spent in bed, barely being able to eat, move or even breathe. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Boogie and Ananda got along with out me. My daughter likes him but is usually jealous of him when she sees us together, so we always make an effort to include her, even during activities like watching television. They were totally fine without me, swimming and playing.
The first day i was resigned to just take pictures because I was too sick to do much else.

Thank God I was slightly better on the second day. I still felt quite sick but my fever went down, so Ananda and I went horseback riding in the morning and the three of us went on a cruise in the afternoon. Like i said in a previous post, I think I've developed motion sickness because I disembarked feeling really woozy and sick.

My white horse was called Michael and Ananda's was named Joseph hehe parang White Castle Whiskey haha!
The look of a distressed three year old on a yacht haha. she was scared at first but was ok after awhile.
On the beach before getting on the boat.

On the third day, we left Antulang and staye din Dumaguete city for a day. I had Jo's chicken Inato (Yum. I loved this last time I went to Dumaguete) and we were told not to leave the city without buying silvanas at Sans Rival-which we did!

It was a good break, even if I was sick through most of it. I love being away from Manila. I have a love-hate relationship with getting on planes. My grandfather on my dad's side died in a plane crash, so I always have this fear-but everytime i get on a plane I know I'm gonna get off somewhere else, which is why I love it too.

So, this is a week of shoots. Today was Mamou in Serendra (two thumbs up!) and more places until wednesday. Thursday I'm off to Boracay for the opening of The Tides. I'm crossing my fingers that my cough and cold go away already so I can enjoy my stay.

peace out joes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, can I ask how the resort was? We are planning to go there next month but I've read a lot of not-so-good reviews that I'm actually having doubts. Thanks in advance! - Clara Ramos

Anonymous said...

How would you rate the resort? We are planning to go there next month but I've read a lot of not-so-good reviews that I'm actually reconsidering. Any insights? Thanks! -clara

Aycs said...

it really depends on what you want out of the resort. we stayed in one of the pool villas so we had a lot of privacy and time to just chill (i was sick though!) i got to talk to the GM and she told me the best time talaga to go is the summer, it might be rainy when u go and you wont be able to do certain things like snorkel right by your room (because the waves are too strong and will be crashing against the cliff) i think its a nice change from partyign n gettign drunk at the beach although u may be turne doff by the construction thats on going now. they are expanding so one whole area is practically a construction site. the rest of the resort is ok though :)

zaizee said...

Funny, I was in Dumaguete at around that time too for vacation. My family and I were planning to go but the weather didn't really work for us so we canceled on it. You're lucky, I was born in Dgt but I still haven't been to Antulang. And to think it was on top of my to-do list for the trip. :\ I'm glad you enjoyed your stay there though!